It’s no secret that most people are using mobile devices to browse the web, do their shopping and stay in touch with one another. It has never been more critical to ensure your website is mobile first and allowing your customers to purchase from you with greater ease.
If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, and you’re still not sure if you should make the change, we are confident you will change your mind after reading these eye-water mobile web design statistics.
Searches & Users
Get insights on how the general public are now using mobile devices and why it’s so important for you to be optimised to meet the demand. By improving your optimisation for mobile devices, you are likely to see the SEO benefit come with it.
- 54% of internet traffic comes from mobile devices
- 92% of internet users are browsing the internet
- 55% of all page views come from mobile devices
- 65% of all digital media time is spent on mobile devices
Consumers & Purchasing
Most people are purchasing products online nowadays (even my mum and dad are buying online). These stats are real eye openers.
- 67% of consumers are likely to make a purchase if your website is mobile-friendly
- 57% of consumers will not recommend a website to others that isn’t mobile friendly
- 68% of businesses increased their online sales with a mobile-friendly website
- 9% of ecommerce add-to-cart clicks are on done on tablets
- 88% of consumers who search a business on a mobile device will call or visit that store within 24 hours
- 90% of consumers say image quality is the most important factor when making a purchasing decision
Design & Usability
If your site isn’t useable, don’t expect people to use it. Make sure your constantly testing and improve your website against mobile and tablet devices.
- 38% of visitors will not use a website that is unattractive or not working correctly
- 47% of users expect a page to load within 2 seconds
- 74% of users are more likely to return to your website if it’s mobile-friendly
- 75% of users say they judge a company by it’s website design
- 48% of consumers think if your website isn’t mobile-friendly, your business doesn’t care
- 39% of users will leave a website if images take too long to load
- 94% of negative feedback is design related
- 36% of customers click the brand logo to reach the homepage
- 94% of first impressions are related to the design of your website
- 73.1% of web designs believe that a non-mobile friendly site is the reason why customers leave a website